Ilaria Guide's Qualities
- Licensed by the Italian Government, License issued by 'Provincia di Roma'
- Members of ANGT (National Association of Italian Tour Guides)
- Years of experience in leading groups, individuals and families
- Extensive knowledge on Roman History, Archaeology, Art History, Antropology ...
- Oriented towards individual needs
- Sensible and experienced in touring with disabled visitors
- Specialized children's guide for Disney Cruise shore excursions
- Fluent english speaking as well as other languages indicated
Why to have a licensed guide
The Italian Government, in order to assure the integrity of it's cultural and artistic patrimony, allow to explain into the Unesco sites only licensed local guide.
To get a license is necessary to pass a State Exam dealing with Archeology, Art History, Legislation, Geography and the Languages (a foreign one is compulsory).
History and traditions are different from city to city that's why guides are local. Tour guides are required to be licensed and to show their guide's badge. You should demand to know your Roman tour guide license number before booking a tour ! Do not tour the city at risk by using an unregistered, unlicensed, illegal guide.